The book was released on May 2nd 2017, alongside the A Court of Thorns and Roses Coloring Book. This book is the final book in Feyre's narration. Sarah J. Maas has planned more books for the series, however these books will not feature Feyre as the main protagonist. There will also be two novellas coming in the ACOTAR world along with the full novels.
Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.
As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places.
Main plot points
A more detailed plot will be written at a later stage.
Feyre succeeds in destroying Tamlin's court from within, causing mass chaos as she creates a rift between the High Lord and the people.
Lucien leaves the Spring Court along with Feyre once he realizes how terrible Tamlin is and wants to find Elain. In addition, it is discovered that Lucien's real father is Helion, High Lord of the Day Court, due to an affair the High Lord had with the Lady of the Autumn Court.
Once Feyre returns to the Night Court, she and Rhysand seek to have a meeting between all of the High Lords of Prythian so that they can unite and fight Hybern as one. Feyre must also help her sisters come to terms with being High Fae. Nesta is bitter and angry, while Elaine appears to be depressed and empty, and in a state even worse than Feyre's at the beginning of ACOMAF.
Luckily, Cassian and Azriel are fine, and Cassian's wings heal completely.
- The Target special edition will contain a letter from Sarah J. Maas and her signature printed on the case cover. 
- Certain editions from Indigo in Canada and Books-A-Million in the US will contain fan art on the end papers. This edition will also be available in Australia. 
- As of 2017, this book is the longest book that Sarah J. Maas has published. It is 699 pages in the hardcover edition.
- The book cover was unveiled on the 25th of January 2017. Before the date of release, Bloomsbury released two teaser images of the cover on their snapchat. The final cover was designed by Adrian Dadich. While, the dress pictured on the cover was originally designed by Charlie Bowater, and later adapted by Adrian Dadich for the final cover. 
- Due to the book's high page count, the pages of A Court of Wings and Ruin are thinner. This was also the case with her other book, Empire of Storms.
- The book is dedicated to her husband, Josh Maas and their dog, Annie. The last words of the dedication are 'A gift. All of it.', the same words are used to end the last chapter of the book.
|Feyre's narration||Other books|
|A Court of Thorns and Roses||Book 4 (Untitled)|
|A Court of Mist and Fury||Book 5 (Untitled)|
|A Court of Wings and Ruin||Book 6 (Untitled)|
|Novella 1 (Untitled)||Wings and Embers|
|Novella 2 (Untitled)|
|A Court of Thorns and Roses Coloring Book||A Court of Thorns and Roses|